7.05.2010

Grand Bend, ON

Today John and I took our new friend, Marshall, to Grand Bend, Ontario.



















It's one of the many cute, beachy towns along the shore of Lake Huron. Though the interwebs told us it would take over an hour to get there, it was really about 40 minutes. We immediately vowed to go more often.
























I didn't take a lot of photos of us doing stuff, since the stuff we did was mostly sit on the beach, swim around, and eat the lunch we brought. But next time we go I will definitely take more of the town itself, which is pretty cute.


















I spent a little while trying to take "fancy" pictures near the water before we went in.




























In comparison with the beaches along Lake Erie, Grand Bend is known for having a lot more teenages who want to look hot for their friends. We encountered a fair amount of "hotties" who were either sunning themselves or playing a really dramatic "game" of volley ball in the shallow end.





















I was impressed with how clean the lake is. I could still see my feet, even around 7' deep.




























So far I've done most of the stuff I said I wanted to do this summer: eat awesome summer food, read ahead for the fall, visit people, run a lot, and go to the beach. We will probably spend more time there in the coming weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment