9.18.2010

Whole Wheat Crepes

You may sense that I'm posting even more infrequently than before, and that's because school is happening. Oh, it's happening.

But I still want to keep posting about once a week or so.

Good story, Abby.

Anyway, last week, after I made the pumpkin butter, I decided it would make an excellent filling for crepes. A quick internet search led me to these babies:



















They were really simple to make, and for the most part, they didn't even tear up into a bunch of scrappy crepes. I will definitely make these again and try to halve the recipe, since I was stuffed to the gills after eating them all myself. For two people, the recipe would make the perfect amount. I filled half with pumpkin butter, and half with almond butter. Both were delicious.




















Whole Wheat Crepes
from Mr. Breakfast.

  • 1 cup low-fat milk (or soy milk)
  • 3/4 cups whole wheat flour
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 additional egg white (I skipped this and used two whole eggs)
  • 1 Tablespoon sugar (I added 1 tsp agave nectar)
In a blender or food processor, process the milk and egg until will mixed, but stopping short of creating foam. Add flour, sugar (if desired) and any spices you want to try and pulse until just mixed.* The batter should be quite thin. Add more milk as neccessary.

Heat a lightly-greased medium skillet over medium heat.

Scoop batter 1/4 cup at a time. Immediately swirl the pan gently to distribute the batter in a very thin layer. Cook the crepe until the surface appears dry -- about 1 minute.

Stack completed crepes on a plate, separated by wax paper. **

Fill crepes with filling of your choice.

*I just did this by hand with a fork. It was very easy to put together.
**I assembled (re: ate) them quickly as I cooked the next crepe, which was a little rushed, but it generally worked fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment