8.11.2010

The New Afghan

My mom once told me that, after we got a couch, she would knit me an afghan in a complimentary color. I recently told her that it's entirely unlikely that we'll get a couch in the next year or so (I'd rather spend that money on the greyhound), and that she should feel free to knit us an awesome blanket anytime!





















And that's what she did. We picked a pattern that looked do-able, and gave her some color requests. She produced this behemoth, which probably weighs 30 pounds.





























Yes, we are wearing clothes in both of these pictures. We held it up this way so you could see the full design. It's a little warm for an afghan right now, but once the winter sets in, we'll be nice and cozy in our homemade blanket. Thanks, Mom!

4 comments:

  1. Ohhh, that is SO pretty! And it really does look like you guys are naked. Which is just entertaining. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks great! I'll never forget when your mom knit you that GINORMOUS sweater. At least it was comfortable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, it's nice to know that we could both hide behind it, if we *were* naked.

    And Kira, that sweater was great for times when I was sick and just wanted to sit around. It was sort of like a Slanket, ahead of its time.

    ReplyDelete