12.02.2013

GYM CHRISTMAS 2013, Day 2: 7 minutes in heaven



It's the second day of GYM CHRISTMAS! 
Today I decided to do the task at the bottom of the list: the Seven Minute Work Out. I added a warm up and cool down set and treated the 7 minutes as a sort of AMRAP ("as many reps as possible") work out. Here's the break down. 

Warm Up: 
- 2 x alternating 30 jumping jacks and 5 burpees
- 3 x 5 pushups with 30 seconds rest in between

AMRAP Set:
- 2:00 each squats, overhead press with 5 lb. weights, and lunges with 20 seconds rest in between to transition between activities. 

Cool down: 
- different stretches for hip flexors, quads, calves, hamstrings. 

This is the first time I've done lunges since I got my stress fracture (which is hopefully on its way out!), and now my legs feel like jello. It's amazing how not doing some of the running-specific exercises will change your body. 

I didn't take a picture of anything work out related, so here's a gratuitous picture of Bobo with her Christmas ribbon on after yesterday's family photo shoot. She did make a cameo during my work out so that she could sniff my butt during my jumping jacks. I don't know who was more surprised - me, by her nose, or her, by my shriek when I felt her nose. 
I wonder how many other GYM CHRISTMAS activities Bobo will get to participate in.









So here's where I am with GYM CHRISTMAS so far. Red means completed, green means incomplete.

Go for a Pre- or Post-Dinner Walk.
Yuletide Cheer
Make a Game of Household Chores
Crank Up the Music and Boogie Down
Hazardous Waste Removal
Regular Water Consumption
Investigate and Share
Sneak a Work Out into Another Activity
Turn TV Commercials into Fitness Breaks
Muscle-Building/Strength Training
Animal Time
Seven-Minute Work-Out.

It's not too late to start participating! All you have to do is leave a comment on the DJ's blog each time you complete a task!
Did any of you cross one of the tasks off your list today?

No comments:

Post a Comment