12.09.2013

GYM CHRISTMAS Day 8: Nutcracker Yoga


Today I finished GYM CHRISTMAS Day 8: Crank up the music and boogie down. I wanted to get in a moderate work out before dinner but since I have plans to swim early in the morning, I didn't want to do anything too severe. So I did one of my usual December work outs: the same series of yoga poses I like to do, accompanied by selections from the Nutcracker. It's nice to do balancing poses to lyrical, graceful lines in the Snow pas de deux. This way I managed not to make myself too sore but I somewhat made up for the fact that I ate junk food for dinner last night.

Here's one of the beers we tasted with our friends, Grace and Douglas: The Ommegang Take the Black, one of their Game of Thrones beers. Game of Thrones Beer!! 





For lack of a more appropriate, ballet-themed picture (and there are some Nutcracker photos of me in my parents' house somewhere), here is a picture of our horn Christmas ornament. The Nutcracker has a lot of prominent horn parts, right?








Here is my GYM CHRISTMAS list now:
Go for a Pre- or Post-Dinner Walk.
Yuletide Cheer
Make a Game of Household Chores
Crank Up the Music and Boogie Down
Hazardous Waste Removal
Regular Water Consumption
Investigate and Share
Sneak a Work Out into Another Activity
Turn TV Commercials into Fitness Breaks
Muscle-Building/Strength Training
Animal Time
Seven-Minute Work-Out.

Only four days left of GYM CHRISTMAS 2013! But in case you haven't started, it is still physically possible for you to complete GYM CHRISTMAS if you start in the next two days. So go for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment