1.22.2011

Broiled Grapefruit

Is it just me, or does it seem like winter will be here forever and we'll never get to go outside again?

I didn't think it was just me!

To combat the winter blahs, I've been eating a lot of citrus, especially grapefruit.

Here is it with a side of toast, slathered in dijon and goat cheese.

















This preparation is really great because it only needs to be under the broiler for 3 minutes tops, and the cinnamon adds a lot of flavor. I've used tried brown sugar and agave, and I think I like the agave better because it's easier to get out of my pantry (this is about convenience for me anyways).


Here it is again with scrambled eggs and goat cheese on the side:



Don't you feel sunnier just looking at this?















I used this recipe (click here!) the first time, but since then I've just sprinkled it with cinnamon and some agave before broiling it. It also takes me forever to eat this, which is kind of good, since it prevents me from eating too fast.

As for the winter blahs, I think it just helps to alter my routine a little. The grapefruit have helped with that, and they help stave off scurvy (bonus!).

No comments:

Post a Comment