12.19.2012

Gym Christmas Day 16


Gym Christmas Day 16!

Work Out: Iron Strength, plus some additional yoga stretches at the end. 

GYMGO: This was a GRAB BAG for me, which gave me my fifth GYMGO! I'm on a roll! These GYMGOS just keep coming. I hope to get at least 2 more by Dec. 24th. Only a few days left!


Thing I've eaten today: I plan on having another big salad for dinner. Some new friends (!) invited us over for informal beer tasting/board games/hang out time this evening, so these are some of the goodies we're bringing: chocolate covered pretzels, chocolate covered almonds, raspberries (not shown), and this Trafalgar Cognac-Aged Porter, from Oakville, ON. I've never had it before, so I'll taste it tonight and report back next time I blog.








In other news...


Today I handed in a new version of my dissertation proposal/chapter outline, which was the last thing I had to do before Real Vacation could start. And with that, I am officially done thinking critically until 2013!
Besides working out, I've also watched National Lampoons Christmas Vacation. Since John has to grade papers with his supervisor for another couple of hours, the question is: should I watch it again with commentary? 

John and I are having an 80s movie streak (Christmas Vacation only just qualifies, as it was made in '89). So far we've watched: 
  • Ghostbusters
  • Top Gun
  • Ghostbusters 2
  • Christmas Vacation
We are in the middle of Point Break. 
We also have these things from the London Public Library and will only finish some of them before we leave town: 
  • Goonies
  • Gremlins
  • Willow
  • Never Ending Story
The series will continue in IN once we get there for Christmas, so if you have any suggestions for great 80s movies, please let me know!


No comments:

Post a Comment