11.13.2009

Crock pot week! Part un.

This week John and I made two meals in the crock pot. Every time we use it, I say we should use it all the time.

















I hate to say this, but this meal looks way better than it tastes.

:(

Cooking frozen veggies in the crock pot for 8 hours doesn't really help them out, and the noodles didn't cook evenly at all. To be fair, this is actually supposed to have beef in it, and we used tofu in kind of an impulse decision. I feel like it would be better with beef.

Crock pot Asian Beef (or Tofu) and Noodles
from Lauren's Kitchen.


  • 1 (16 ounce) package frozen stir fry vegetables
  • 2 - 2 1/2 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1" cubes
  • 1 (12 ounce) bottle stir-fry sauce, any flavor
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
  • 2 (3 ounce) packages ramen noodles, broken
  • 1/4 cup green onions, chopped

Coat a 4 quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Place frozen vegetables in the bottom and top with stew meat. In a medium bowl, stir together stir-fry sauce, water, and red pepper. Pour over stew meat and vegetables in cooker.

Cover and cook on low for 9-10 hours or on high for 4 1/2-5 hours (I recommend low, it will help to break the meat down more).

At the end of cooking time, discard spice packets from ramen noodles. Stir noodles and green onions into meat mixture. Cover and let stand 10 minutes more. Stir before serving. This can be kept on warm for 1-2 hours.

3 comments:

  1. I made this but didn't blog or photograph it. It was WAY too much beef for me. If you make it again with beef, I would sick to 1 lb or so. I was not the biggest fan of this either, though Joe ate it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, more than 1 lb is way too much meat for me, too. It was basically better than it looked. Oh well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And by that, I meant, it looked better than it is.

    ReplyDelete