11.03.2009

White Bean Chili

Last week we made white bean chili before I left for SMT.















I saw it on Kira's blog and wanted to make it immediately.















It's simple and delicious. I'd highly recommend it! The beer gives it an interesting flavor, especially after a couple of days.

White Bean Chili
from Food alla Puttanesca




Ingredients
1 small onion, diced
1 green pepper, diced
1 red pepper, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 teaspoon cumin
pinch of cardamom
pinch of allspice
1 tsp olive oil
1 lb ground turkey meat
1 can white beans, drained and rinsed
1 can of fire roasted diced tomatoes
1/2 bottle of beer
salt and pepper

Preparation
In a soup pot or dutch oven, pour in your olive oil along with your diced veggies and garlic. Saute until tender. Add your spices and chicken meat. Cook until meat is well browned.
Add in your beans, tomatoes and beer. Season with salt and pepper and bring to a boil. Turn down to a simmer and let it stew for 30 minutes on low heat. If it's too runny you can add a little cornstarch or tomato paste to thicken it up. Once ready, serve in bowls and top with garnish.

2 comments:

  1. It makes me feel like we have this special connection in a strange way because we're eating the same food. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! It's great.

    Tonight we're having the black bean bake you originally posted last year. I've made it a few times since then, it's soooo good. The weather got really cold this week so I feel like it will be a good, warm thing to have.

    ReplyDelete