11.25.2009

Pumpkin Ideas?

Tonight I decided to make pumpkin bread to take to my students on Friday, and to my History of Theory class tomorrow.

I made this pumpkin bread recipe, which I love dearly.

Here's the problem. I used a cup of a can of pureed pumpkin, leaving 20 oz to be used in another item. I've made a few other pumpkin foods this fall - muffins, cheesecake, and penne pasta - but I'd like to try something new, and I'm looking for suggestions.

What are you favorite pumpkin foods that can be made from 20 oz or less of pureed pumpkin? Brownies? A coffee cake? Do you know of a pumpkin scone recipe? Something savory?

If you have a suggestion, go ahead and leave me a comment, or email me at:

soundslikecanada at gmail dot com

(I've written it that way to avoid spam). I'll definitely give you credit for the suggestions you give me!


Thanks, readers!

**Update**
I'm thinking of this pumpkin scone recipe. I think scones might be the way I want to go, but that still leaves 2 cups of pumpkin for other recipes. Keep 'em coming! Thanks for your help!

3 comments:

  1. I nominate two possibilities:

    http://www.rachaelraymag.com/recipes/rachael-ray-magazine-recipe-index/dinner-recipes/Penne-with-Pumpkin-Cream-Sauce

    http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2008/11/caramel-pumpkin-gingersnap-cheesecake-so-there/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Christy! I'll definitely consider making those two. My only reservation is that I've made something fairly similar to each - pumpkin cream sauce for pasta, and a pumpkin cheesecake.

    That said, the crust is way different for the PW recipe, and it looks REALLY tasty! The one I made didn't have the poured on sauce at the end.

    Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Uncle Kim suggests pumpkin chocolate chip cookies with cream cheese frosting.


    Decisions, decisions...

    ReplyDelete